Seasons greetings members,
We wish you all a wonderful time over the holidays and thank those members who will be working over this period.
We thank you all for your hard work over this difficult year and for continuing to support the branch and UNISON.
What we’ve done this year
- We surveyed members on the impact of COVID-19. Thank you to all members who provided us with feedback. All your concerns are continually raised at the council’s HR Trade Union Liaison meeting;
- Branch Officers have continued to represent members at various meetings to ensure the safety and well-being of you all in this difficult year;
- The Branch has two representatives on the Budget Working Group to ensure jobs are retained, as far as possible, in Argyll and Bute;
- Branch Officers and Stewards have had a busy year responding to members on various issues and concerns around the pandemic;
- Recently we have been raising concerns about the handling of and communication around annual leave carry over. We believe taking leave is important for your health and wellbeing, however, we also recognise there are many reasons why this year is unlike no other and flexibility and sensible consideration of individual circumstances is required with regards to any carry over;
- We have been pursuing the reintroduction of the car leasing scheme and hope for positive news soon;
- We have been working with Unite on Social Work Standby issues and have launched a petition on this to seek that the council adopt national standby rates from 1st January 2021. If you are a SW member and have not received the petition please get in touch;
- We have been raising issues and feeding into the workaround bullying in the HSCP – if you are affected don’t suffer alone, we are here to support you.
We are making preparations for our first ever virtual Annual General Meeting.
We hope that this will encourage more members to attend and will send you more information in the new year.
COVID-19 Response Fund
For any member who is experiencing financial difficultly, you may be eligible for a grant of up to £500 through UNISON’s COVID-19 Response Fund.
You can find out more here: https://www.unison.org.uk/covid-19-response-fund-2/.
Where is our £500 Petition
Unison Scotland is campaigning for the recognition of equal treatment for all COVID-19 responders. Please get involved and sign the petition here: https://www.megaphone.org.uk/petitions/where-is-our-ps500
Unison Scotland is campaigning the Scottish Government to plug the gap on public spending. We are demanding the Scottish Government to secure jobs, services and reward workers.
Please take part, all you need to do is fill in your details and send a letter to your MSP here: https://action.unison.org.uk/page/70180/action/1
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we’ve supported members this year and as a result, has allowed us to save money on travel and accommodation expenses. The branch has decided to donate this saving to foodbanks across Argyll and Bute. A total of £2,500 has been donated and will provide food and supplies to those most in need in our communities.
Remember we’re always here for you.
You can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting your local steward, whose details can be found here: https://www.unisonabc.org.uk/contacts/
For regular updates from the branch and other UNISON activity, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/unisonargyllandbute/.
The Argyll and Bute branch of UNISON