UNISON’s Winter Fuel Grant Programme offers grants of up £200 to help the union’s most vulnerable low-income members.
Applications for the grant open on 31 January 2022 and we recommend members to apply as soon as possible. Please also share this with members who may benefit from it.
To be eligible:
- You must be a UNISON member and have paid at least four weeks subscriptions at the time of applying;
- You do not have savings of more than £1,000, which includes rolling bank balance;
- Only one application per household will be considered;
- You/your partner are responsible for household fuel bills;
And either you are on a low income:
- For a single person, this means under £18,200 per annum/£350 per week;
- For a family this means under £26,000 per annum/£500 per week.
Or you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Housing benefit;
- Universal credit.
For more information and to access the application on 31 January, visit the following site: Financial assistance | There for You (UNISON Welfare) | UNISON National