UNISON Local Government members have voted to accept a pay deal.
UNISON announced the result of its ballot on Monday 29 November 2021 with more than 75% voting in favour of the offer.
Details of the offer are:
- An increase in the Scottish Local Government Living Wage (SLGLW) hourly rate to £9.78.
- An £850 flat rate increase for those earning less than £25,000 annually (4.72% – 3.43% depending on starting salary). Note this covers national Spinal Column Points 2-40 and is calculated on a nominal 37 hour working week.
- A 2% increase for those earning between £25,000 and £40,000 annually.
- A 1% increase for those earning between £40,000 and £80,000 annually.
- A £800 flat rate increase for those earning more than £80,000 annually.
- A back dating of the implementation date of the pay award and the increase in the SLGLW to 1 January 2021.
UNISON is calling on COSLA to implement the pay deal as soon as possible and has warned that the principle of parity across the local government workforce must be maintained or the union will seek to reopen negotiations.