FAO ARGYLL AND BUTE COUNCIL MEMBERS
UNISON is currently making preparations for an Industrial Action Ballot of members following the recent pay consultation result, where 87% of those participating rejected the employers offer and 74% indicating they are prepared to take strike action.
Whilst these arrangements are being put in place – we are asking members to contact Argyll & Bute Council’s Leader and we would suggest using the following format.
LET THE LEADER KNOW!
- About your job
- How your job has changed during COVID
- But for you – what wouldn’t have been possible
- Why you believe your pay should be raised
- If you didn’t receive the £500 COVID reward payment – how this made your feel
- The Scottish Government have offered other public sector workers rises beyond their own pay policy. This is unfair, at the very least parity should apply, this is both a moral and political issue.
- Homeworking – The employer has refused to pay the reasonable HMRC allowance of £6.00 per week (it’s a disgrace that workers are having to pay for service delivery).
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence Address: Councillor Robin Currie
Any decision to improve the current offer will be taken by Council Leaders across Scotland.
Please take a few minutes to send this communication, it will ensure a clear message from our members is delivered directly. You can keep up to date on the campaign by visiting Local government pay ballot – UNISON Scotland (unison-scotland.org).