UNISON ENERGY SUPPORT FUND OPENS AT 10AM TODAY.
The fund will close once the first 4,000 applications have been received. The Energy Support Fund is a one-off, non-repayable grant of £200.
To be eligible for phase 2 of the fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have 4 weeks of up-to-date membership as of 16 November.
- Must not have received a grant from UNISON Welfare since 31 March 2022 (excluding our School Clothing and Covid grants).
- Must not have more than £1,000 in savings or rolling bank balance.
- Must not have received more than £750 in UNISON Welfare grants if applying within first year of membership.
- Net household income* of no more than £18,200/year (£1,516.67/month) if single and with no children, or £26,000/year (£2,166.67/month) if living with a partner or with children living at home. *Net household income is income after tax, national insurance, and any pension deductions
- In receipt of means-tested benefits. This includes:
Child and/or Working Tax Credits
Means-tested Jobseekers Allowance
Means-tested Employment Support Allowance
If you do not meet these criteria, please do not apply. UNISON Welfare’s Winter Fuel Grant will launch in January. And a third phase of the Energy Support Fund will launch in March. More details will be published soon.
Ensure you have your membership number ready when you are ready to apply.
If you are unable to complete the application due to an accessibility issue, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call UNISON Welfare on 020 7121 5620.
To access the application form, please visit the following link: https://www.unison.org.uk/get-help/services-support/there-for-you/energy-support-fund-2/