UNISON’s Energy Support Fund will open on 27 September 2023. Due to finite funds, only 2,000 applications will be accepted. 1,000 will be released at 8.30am and 1,000 at 5pm.
Applications will be made online on the following webpage: Energy Support Fund | There for You (UNISON Welfare) | UNISON National.
If you’re unable to apply online, you can either call UNISONdirect 08000 857857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a UNISON member.
- Have paid at least four weeks subscriptions at the opening date (27 September). Subscriptions must be up to date.
- Not have received a grant through our main applications since 27 March 2023
- Have savings (including the total rolling balance on current accounts) below £1,000 to qualify.
Only one application per household will be considered.
- You are on a low income:
- Net household income* of no more than £26,000/year (£2,166.67/month)
In receipt of means-tested benefits. This includes:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Child and/or Working Tax Credits
- Pension Credit
- Means-tested Jobseekers Allowance
- Means-tested Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
*by household income, we mean income from: salary payments, student finance payments, state, occupational or private pensions, child maintenance
The grant will be a payment of £200 per household.