** CORONAVIRUS UPDATE **
We hope you are all keeping well during this unprecedented time.
We want to thank all of you for your continuing to work hard and providing an essential public service for when our communities need us most.
The situation is changing rapidly and we are in communication with employers to get you the information you need.
Argyll and Bute Council has created a Frequently Asked Questions to answer some of your concerns which can be found here: https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/coronavirus/information-employees
Here are also some important sources of information for you:
- UK Government guidance on what you need to do: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- SJC Guidance on Covid-19 Pay and condition protections for workers during isolation/sickness: https://unison-scotland.org/wp-content/uploads/SJC-60-Coronavirus-Quarantine-and-SJC-Provisions.pdf
- SJC Guidance on Home working, vulnerable groups and deployment to other tasks: https://unison-scotland.org/wp-content/uploads/SJC-61-COVID-19-Homeworking-Advice.pdf
- SSSC regulatory changes and the impact of those on home care/support workers: https://news.sssc.uk.com/news/regulatory-changes-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic
- NHS Isolation certificate for employees required to provide evidence re isolation: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19
- General link for members to get information on benefits from the government: https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
- Thompsons solicitors general advice on employer/employee legal responsibilities: https://www.thompsonstradeunion.law/news/news-releases/employment-matters/briefing-on-employer-and-employees-responsibilities-in-the-wake-of-coronavirus-covid-19
UNISON provides a welfare service for those members in financial need. You can get more information by contacting There For You on 020 7121 5620 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recently held our Annual General Meeting and you can find our newly elected Branch Officers and Stewards on our website here: https://www.unisonabc.org.uk/branch-activities/
To keep up to date on all UNISON activity, please follow our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/unisonargyllandbute
Please continue to take care of your health and well being. We’re all in this together.